Next time I go to Applebee's, I'm ordering the Kids Meal!

Toddler Served Margarita in a Sippy Cup.
Kim Mayorga was confused when her
2-year-old started making funny faces and pushing away the apple juice he had
ordered at Applebee's. The explanation came when she opened the lid of the sippy
cup and was hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec.
The restaurant staff
accidentally gave Julian Mayorga a margarita Monday. He grew drowsy and started
vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.
"I wasn't going to
make a big deal about it," the mother told the Contra Costa Times on Thursday,
"but then he got sick."
The apple juice and margarita mix were stored in
identical plastic bottles, and the manager mistakenly grabbed the margarita
container to pour the boy's drink, said Randy Tei, vice president for Apple Bay
East Inc., which owns the franchise restaurant and nine other Applebee's in the
San Francisco Bay area.
The Mayorgas will be reimbursed for their medical
bills, and Tei said the franchise group's restaurants will no longer serve apple
juice and margaritas in similar containers.
"We absolutely believe it was an
honest mistake," Tei said.
The serving appeared to have been accidental,
Antioch police Lt. Pat Welch said. Mayorga said her son is now doing
She said the company has been very apologetic and offered free meals,
but she added, "If they think I'm going back there, they're ridiculous."


Post a Comment

Go Back To Top

Thank you for visiting On The Bricks! Come Again! :-))